Friday, February 15, 2013

Third Week Updates: Orvieto,Valentine's Day, Pizza Making


Gambino game crazy

After our tour at the duomo of Orvieto, we ate lunch at a little Pasticceria bar and I had a spinach/cheese panino because I couldn't have meat. I was skeptical at first because I've never been a big fan of spinach but it was actually super yummy. We then got some sweets to eat the next day (Valentine's day).Also, ceramics in Orvieto are beautiful. I got a couple mugs as souvenirs.



Happy Valentine's Day! Or as they say, boun san valentino! Shenell and I organized a mini- valentine's tea party in substitution for a valentine's day back in the States. We had pastries and finger sandwiches and of course, tea.

On Saturday, we went to a pizza making class! Mostly, we learned how to make bread.







The agriturismo was beautiful. The bread came out smelling so good and the pizzas definitely tasted homemade. The most surprising pizza (and unique) was the tuna and onion pizza. I was worried that the onions would really overpower the pizza but strangely it was so perfect! Never would have thought to put fish on a pizza, the italians think of everything!

Until next time!

“When the moon hits your eye like a big pizza pie, that's amore”
-Dean Martin


No comments:

Post a Comment