Sunday, January 27, 2013

Benvenuti in Italia!

Buona sera tutti!

It is almost 1AM here in Italy, but it's the evening in the states. It's a seven hour difference which is taking me a difficult time to get used to in communicating back and forth but my body seems to be adjusting just fine these last two days that I've been here (expect for the aches from the plane rides).


View outside the plane leaving London to Rome, breathtaking!




Italy is BEAUTIFUL, of course. My reoccurring thought is that there are people who live in this town (I am currently staying in a small but lively town knowned as Castiglion Fiorentino) who find this city and lifestyle completely normal, while I stand here squirming silently (and loudly) in my body about how breathtaking every turn I take is.

This is my view from my window in my room

Trees are my weakness, so waking up to this view will kill me every morning. The window also has a little ledge that I can sit on. Perfect for reading on cold (and warm, really all) days and placing fresh flowers for decoration!

So far, the people in Castiglion Fiorentino have been super kind to us, considering we are practically invading their little town with out big Texas attitudes. Also, the townspeople are friggin' gorgeous. I've never met such a great looking town. Everyone seems to age beautifully!


Here is a random adorable picture of Bailie, Amy and myself at the top of Castiglion.

Sunday, we had lunch at Roggi's and met an American woman who actually went on this exact study abroad trip years ago, met her husband here, and came back a couple years later to Italy, got married and started up this pizzeria with her husband! What a cute story! I got to put some of my italiano skills (which are very limited, and shouldn't be) to good use today at the restaurant and also when I asked this gentlemen to "fate nostra foto, per favore"


The food was delicious of course.


Although, The meals at Santa Chiara ARE SO MUCH BETTER. And it's ...free. I can get used to a three course feast. Lydia and Juliana, the cooks, are amaaaaazing.

I will update y'all (I have been made very aware of my Texan slang by the Kansas State students here) more, until next time! 

i migliori auguri,

Lucy

"Travel, in the younger sort, is a part of education; in the elder, a part of experience."  -Francis Bacon 




1 comment:

  1. I'm super excited for you!! I can't wait to read more of your adventures!

    ReplyDelete